Some things just go well together: Black and white, an umbrella on a rainy day, and money in your pocket. And then there are things that work best together like milk and cookies, falling in love with the right person, and a franchised business with loyal paying customers.
Business franchises like McDonalds and Jollibee are successful not because the food is great, but because they consistently create loyal paying customers.
Coca-Cola, Apple, Nike, Disney, and BMW all have loyal paying customers. The strength of their brand comes from the strength of their business.
Jollibee has over 1,200 stores worldwide with a presence in Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Hong Kong, North America, Italy, and the UK in London. In 2018, they posted a net profit of P8.32 billion where they opened 502 stores in a single year. McDonalds on the other hand has more than 37,800 outlets in 119 countries worldwide and P310.2 billion net profits for 2018 alone and is said to have opened 1,000 new stores for that same year.
Being able to create loyal paying customers consistently should be the goal of every franchise because it allows any brand to compete while maintaining growth and profitability.
Here are some things that can help you create loyal paying customers:
- Be personable. People like dealing with people. Not companies and not machines.
- Elevate. Create your own universe and treat customers as if they were royalty.
- Empower. Turn everyone inside your company into your brand ambassador.
- Care. Solve consumer issues as quickly and as painless as possible.
- Learn from your peers. Copy what works and crucify what doesn’t.
- Dramatize. What are you the absolute best at? Who cares? How can you prove it?
- Shine. Create meaningful interactions that are warm and one-of-a-kind.
- Obsess. Map out the customer journey to your brand and solve every pain point.
- Improve. Optimize your offering and keep innovating.
10. Bloom. Treat every customer as a relationship that you have to nurture and grow.
If you need help with your franchise, or if you need a coach for your brand, just text or call Godmother at 0915-5648877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Gen Millare is the CEO of Godmother Philippines, a brand support agency that helps SME’s brand independently.